October 16, 2008

Wanted: Experienced mother with background in creative craft making!

I'm sure this is the ad my children would place if they could. There should be all kinds of tests given to women prior to having children so as to test their abiblities or lack there of. I so would have failed the pumpkin decorating test! So here's the scenario....ooh girls let's get some pumpkins and we can carve and paint them and decorate the front porch with them! Yay, mom you're the best :) Uh yeah, we get home and all of a sudden the ideas I had in my head flew right out the door, I had even purchased a carving kit but it was no help. Here I am with 5 pumpkins begging to be done up and 2 girls all apronned up with paint brushes and eager smiles on their faces...dear God please take me now! Anyways it wasn't nearly that dramatic and luckily the girls could care less about what the pumpkins looked like but next year I'm hiring someone to do this with my children, I'll be in the background baking, at least I do that well. :P
Here are some pictures of the girls and the sad looking pumpkins, 3 of which didn't end up getting touched. Thankfully Daddy said he'll do some carving on saturday, my hero!





2 comments:

Susan said...

Awwe...good try mom. As long as they had fun that is all that matters. I bet she thinks it is the best looking pumpkin ever!

Robinette Family said...

You are so funny. I think that no matter what the pumpkins look like you are creating memories for those girls they will not remember the pumpkins but that you let them paint, you are a truly brave mom Ü.